Fundraising Preparation & Advisory
Luminance has substantial experience on both sides of the financing equation -- both as prior founding executives who have raised capital and grown their own companies, and also as investment professionals who have driven financing and M&A for myriad technology companies. This enables Luminance to thrive at helping early-stage ventures refine, focus and articulate their business strategies and fundraising efforts.
Seasoned Guidance for Seed through Expansion Stage Fundraising
Raising capital as a growth-stage company is as much an art as a science. Knowing how institutional investors work and what they are looking for in their portfolio companies is critical to a sound fundraising strategy. Early and growth-stage ventures need to make themselves stand out from the crowd -- and this takes more than just a great technology.
The Luminance team has raised over $250 million of capital for growth stage companies worldwide. Through this extensive, highly-specialized experience we help clients with the ins-and-outs of the fundraising process -- from early development of marketing materials to strategic communications with potential investors.
Luminance offers a full suite of consulting services to help prepare you for the fundraising process, including overall fundraising strategy, process and timeline, preparation/review of marketing materials, investor targeting, investor meeting preparation and follow-up strategy and term sheet negotiation assistance.
Sample Activities & Deliverables:
- Fundraising process outline with key milestones
- Development / review of executive summary or full PPM (private placement memorandum)
- Development / review of investor presentation
- Investor meeting preparation, including FAQs and presentation 'dry run'
- Review / analysis of company financial model (or development of model if required)
- Development of targeted investor list appropriate for your company stage and sector
- Development of investor outreach messaging, including strategy & content for follow-up communications
- Ongoing consulting during fundraising process to assist with development / review with due diligence requests and follow-up meetings
- Assistance / guidance during term sheet negotiations